Tahiti 2005 – Day 3 – Day at Sea

Our Tahiti Cruise!

Day 3 – 12 Dec 2005

(Daily Princess Patter Pg 1Pg 2Pg 3) – Red dots indicate events we attended

Ahhh… A day at sea. We got up around 8:30 and went for breakfast and then Susan attended a seminar about Black Tahitian pearls, and Adam went to a shore excursion presentation to see about switching around one of our shore excursions. We decided after hearing people rave about snorkeling to change our plans in Rangiroa from a glass bottom boat tour to Snorkeling.

Bingo time! We tried out luck at Bingo and won nothing! However it was still lots of fun and one lady shouted bingo without having it so they made her wear a funny hat and do the chicken dance. That’s a photo of it above (the only photo we took that day). On the left is our cruise director Stuart.

Next we decided to head to the Art auction. We saw some Wyland paintings that we liked and were considering. Last cruise we won a free painting by getting some numbers drawn in a raffle. Hey! They are having a free raffle on this ship too, perhaps we’ll get lucky again? At the beginning of the auction session the auctioneer went through her demonstration of how to bid and how a pinkie in the air is a $75 bid and a tug on the right ear is a $1.6 million dollar bid and all that. So when she started out with the first painting she got a couple of low bids for a painting of a boat and then she said “Tell you what, for $1.6m I’ll give it to you for free” so Adam quickly tugged his ear and viola! Free painting time. Yep, a signed lithograph of a boat will be shipped to us. Wahoo! We didn’t see anything else in the auction that interested us, and the Wyland was $1350. We’ll consider it as the cruise goes on. There’s another art auction tomorrow.. who knows.

Feeling lucky we decided to play around in the casino a little bit and won.. nothing! Oh well, it was fun anyhow.

Time for formal night! We got all gussied up and got our pictures taken. Hopefully I’ll get around to posting those soon. We had a very nice dinner and then went to a show call “C’est Magnifique!” which had a lot of dancing and singing. It was a really great show.

Back to our room for some sleep. Another day at sea tomorrow!

On to Day 4!